Consumer Privacy Notice
We respect your right to privacy. We maintain the confidentiality of any nonpublic personal information that we obtain. We do not sell your nonpublic personal information to others, at anytime or for any purpose.
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
The Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and the laws of the State of Georgia, generally prohibit us from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a third party unless we offer you with this notice of our privacy policies and practices. This notice is to advise you of the type of information that we collect about you and the categories of the persons or entities to whom that information may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA and the laws of the State of Georgia, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Brownlee Agency, Inc..
OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. Categories Of Information Collected and Sources From Which We Collect It
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you in personal interviews, on applications, on other forms, or our website
- Information about your transactions with our agency, our affiliates, the insurance companies we represent, or others with whom we may contract.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency (see 2 below)
2. Special Notice Regarding Consumer Reports
Any consumer-reporting agency that gathers information about you may share this information with others who are authorized to use consumer reports by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) or by applicable state credit reporting acts. Our agency often obtains these reports from a consumer-reporting agency to assist us in:
- Determining your eligibility for coverage
- Determining the proper rate for your coverage
- Evaluating an application for our products or services
- Advising you about other policies and services offered by us
The consumer reports we receive from consumer reporting agencies (vendors) that are subject to the same credit and privacy requirements include motor vehicle reports (driving records), loss history, insurance scoring, or other information necessary to properly underwrite and issue insurance policies.
INFORMATION WE MAY DISCLOSE TO THIRD PARTIES
We do not disclose any personal information about you to anyone except as is necessary in order to provide our products or services to you or otherwise as we are required or permitted by law.
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS TO, AND CORRECTION OF, YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request access to the personal information that we record about you. You have the right to know the source of the information and the identity of the persons, institutions, or types of institutions to whom we have disclosed such information within two (2) years prior to your request. You have the right to view and copy such information in person, or request that a copy of it be sent to you by mail. (WE MAY CHARGE YOU A REASONABLE FEE TO COVER OUR COSTS.)
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION: CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
1. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with all applicable laws to guard your nonpublic personal information.
2. We also use data protection software and hardware devices to protect our systems and the integrity of electronic data. We protect our computer network by using firewall technology to prevent unauthorized access.