As your farm grows so does your responsibility, and as your responsibility grows so does your liability–that is where farm insurance coverage comes in. Whether you have a small operation or thousands of acres of farm, you need farm insurance coverage to protect your property, business, and home.
But there are some things that you can be doing as a farmer in the meantime to minimize your risks and prevent perils and mishaps on your farm. That’s why we are providing you with this risk management checklist so you can reduce risks and create a safer environment for everyone!
- Sufficient clearance around electrical panels.
- Sump pump testing (one a month).
- Proper storage and labeling of harmful chemicals.
- Door and fence inspections/security.
- Keeping fuel oil tanks clear of debris.
- Securing sliding doors.
- Inspect your electrical systems using thermal imaging.
- Fire detection/suppression installation in utility spaces.
- Proper cleaning of word burning appliances.
- Replace temporary heaters with permanent appliances.
Running through these annually and daily checklists can help you reduce risks and promote a safer and more efficient farm environment.
At Brownlee Agency Insurance Solutions, we have nearly five decades of expertise providing comprehensive farm insurance in Tifton, Sylvester, GA, Moultrie, GA, Valdosta, Albany, GA, and the surrounding areas. Understanding that each of our client’s farm insurance needs differ, we work with you one-on-one to create customized coverage plans that not only fit your practical needs, but budgetary expectations. From options in machinery convergence, liability insurance, farm structures coverage, and more, we have all the farm insurance options you need to keep you, your home, and your farm protected.
Since 1974 we have been our community’s number one choice for farm insurance coverage! Contact us today to chat with our independent insurance agents about personalized farm insurance for Tifton, Sylvester, GA, Moultrie, GA, Valdosta, Albany, GA, and the surrounding areas.