Keeping your home and assets protected starts with home insurance. Although home insurance is not a legal requirement, most lenders will not let you go without it–and for good reason!
Your standard home insurance (HO-3) policy keeps you and your finances safeguarded from a wide range of mishaps. While some are obvious, such as liability, vandalism, theft, etc, other types of coverage may come as a surprise to you.
Here are five unexpected things that are probably covered under your standard home insurance policy:
- Riots – Your home insurance coverage likely provides you with coverage for home damages or perils caused during instances of civil commotion.
- Volcanos – Although volcano eruption damages are uncommon, if you are in the path of an erupting volcano your home is likely covered.
- Dog Bites – As a homeowner you are responsible if your dog bites someone. But the good news is that your home insurance policy provides medical care coverage for dog bite claims.
- Tombstones – Whether you believe it or not, tombstones are considered personal property and therefore covered under most basic home insurance policies.
- Luggage – Your standard home insurance policy may provide coverage for your luggage. If your luggage is stolen while you are traveling you should check in with your insurance carrier to see if your “off-premises” belongings are covered.
At Brownlee Agency Insurance Solutions, we protect what is most important to you with home insurance in Moultrie, GA, Tifton, Sylvester, GA, Valdosta, Albany, GA, and the surrounding areas. Representing several of the nation’s top home insurance carriers, our agents present you with a wide range of coverage options to meet your practical needs and budgetary requirements.
Since 1974 we have been serving our community with comprehensive home insurance solutions. Whether you are upgrading your policy or purchasing a home for the first time, we’ve got you covered! Contact us today to get a FREE quote on home insurance in Moultrie, GA, Tifton, Sylvester, GA, Valdosta, Albany, GA, and the surrounding areas.